Retoucher with Tiffany & Company’s Interactive Media Department, 2004-Present
Required skills: color correcting, compositing, image manipulation, masking, pathing, optimizing images for the internet, scanning, silhouettes.
Freelance Digital Imaging Technician, 2000-Present
Required skills: consulting with clients concerning imaging options, converting images, designing layouts, editing text, working on both Macintosh and PC platforms, retouching images of people, products and locations.
• Time Magazine • Norkin Digital Art
• Doyle, Dane, Bernbach • Grey Health Care
• Lally, McFarland, Pantello, Questar • American Color
• Wechsler, Ross and Partners • Quad Graphics
• Digital Color Technologies • Newport News
• Graphic Systems Group • Lillian Vernon
Digital Photography Professor at the County College of Morris, 1998-1999
Required skills: comprehensive knowledge of Photoshop, developing curriculum, communicating material, encouraging students’ problem-solving abilities, evaluating students’ potential, performance and progress.
Photography Lab. Technician at West Photographic Services, 1997-2000
Required skills: assessing images, interpreting clients’ needs and intentions, scanning from multiple media sources, all-inclusive retouching skills, file converting, printing to multiple media types, customer relations.
Rochester Institute of Technology
• BFA in Applied Photography • Graduated with Honors 1997
• Grade Point Average 3.54 • Dean’s List 1995-1997
• Team Management and Leadership • Communication Course: Access to Power
• Self-Expression and Leadership • Advanced Communication Course: Power to Create
In 1997 Jeff graduated from the Rochester Institute of Technology with honors and moved to New York City to begin his career as a photographer and digital imaging technician. But his love of photography began in his childhood growing up in a rural area of New Jersey. From moments like when he went fishing with his uncle and was taught to hold the fish closer to the camera so the fish looks bigger, and the first time experiencing the magic of watching a photo develop in the dark room. To this day his photographs are still influenced by the times he spent exploring in the woods. With landscapes that inspire that childlike sense of discovery and pinups portraits that are playful.